Preparing and Staging Your House
When prepaing your house to sell, create neutral and welcoming living areas by using subtle colors in your entryway, living room, dining room and other key living spaces; eliminate excess personal memorabilia; and create an inviting atmosphere with flowers, candles and other homey touches.
Here are a few ideas to make your place say, "Welcome Home" to potential buyers:
* Clean, de-clutter and organize.
* Ensure a clean, organized entryway for appeal.
* Get rid of any smells, e.g., cooking, smoking and pet odors.
* Neutralize and de-personalize.
* Lighten and brighten your rooms, e.g., open drapes/shades, turn on the lights, etc.
* Update or replace outdated lighting fixtures and window treatments.
* Scale back on your furniture and personal effects.
* Clearly define each room's function.
* Arrange furniture/accessories to create an inviting, comfortable and harmonious environment.
Find Out Your HOME'S VALUE!
Letitia Stevenson, REALTOR® | Licensed in DE, PA & MD |
Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Fox & Roach, REALTORS®
(Formerly Prudential Fox & Roach, REALTORS®)
Delaware Valley Real Estate and Homes for Sale:
Aston | Avondale | Bear | Berwyn | Chadds Ford | Chester County | Delaware County |Garnet Valley | Greenville | Hockessin | Kennett Square | Landenberg | Lincoln University |Media | Montgomery County | New Castle County | Newark | Newtown Square | North Wilmington | Oxford | Philadelphia County | Villanova | West Chester